Monday, December 10, 2012

Apple Device Per Household Soars; Five Guys

Link here to LA Times. "Soars" is the word the LA Times uses.
But perhaps you should look a bit closer to home at all those shiny Apple products that line your shelves and pockets. A story from Reuters on Monday cites a report from Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty that in 2011 the "average amount U.S. households spent on Apple products was $444."
Depending on the location of the Starbucks I am in, the ratio of Apple to non-Apple varies.  On Harvard Square, Cambridge, across from Harvard University, close to 99% of computers are Apple, and most of them are the silvery MacBook Pro. There are still a few of the old workhorse: the white MacBook, or was it the iBook. I forget. Both incredible machines.

In the Starbucks closer to where I stay once in awhile when in the Boston area it is about 90% MacBook Pros. Some days, of the eight PCs in the coffee shop, eight of them are MacBook Pros.

There seem to be two universal truths when it comes to Apple: a) when one switches to Apple, one does not go back; and, b) when one acquires one Apple device, one tends to buy a second. And then a third.

Back at home in San Antonio, there are a few more PCs at the Starbucks that I visit than Apples.

********************

The other day I stopped at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I told the person who took my order that the last time I had had a Five Guys burger was back in Huntington Beach, California. Without hesitation, she said she was glad to hear that, but "what about "In-N-Out"? I was impressed. She knew her competitor. That was a tough one. I told her that my brother-in-law introduced me to Five Guys, and that perhaps "In-N-Out" was our favorite hamburger but if one wants to get a really, really good, made-to-order hamburger with all the toppings, among the "fast food" chains, it's hard to beat Five Guys. I only had the hamburger; not the fries. That is way too much food.

Yesterday I went back to Five Guys and had the fries. Just the fries.

What a great country.


No comments:

Post a Comment