Sunday, May 11, 2014

For The Archives: The Expanding Williston Footprint; Global Warming Shuts Down I-80 In Wyoming

When I was growing up in Williston, the boundaries were pretty much:
  • east: University Avenue
  • north: Spring Lake Park
  • west: the bypass
  • south: the railroad tracks
In the graphic below, the blue-outlined rectangle delineates the "Williston" footprint that existed when I grew up. It was approximately rectangular 2.5 sections by 2 sections, and then with a bit of the "Million Dollar Way up to Spring Lake Park included.

Williston has expanded to the west, but the greatest growth has occurred north of Spring Lake Park.  The west has seen the most residential growth but the north is yet to fill in.




Williston Footprint Outlined In Blue Before The Bakken Boom (before 2010)


Rumor: the new airport will be in section 35-155-101 or thereabouts. The rumor comes from an extremely unreliable source and I wouldn't put much stock in it, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out twenty years from now. For the archives.


********************************
I-80 Closed Due To Global Warming

Let's see, this is the middle of May. I-80 is closed due to a winter storm. I sure hope Algore wasn't trying to get home from skiiing in the Rockies.

A screenshot (because the link is dynamic):



 At the link, one will see that portions of I-25 are also affected though not yet closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment