Friday, January 14, 2022

"Massive Investment Cycle" -- Understatement Of The Day -- But How Else Can You Say It? -- January 14, 2022

Most folks are unaware:

"When the sort of super excess demand related to COVID and online retail started to abate last year, you saw how much they were spending,” Mahaney said. “Amazon has increased its distribution capacity, all of its fulfillment centers, etc., it’s increased by I think as much in the last few years as Walmart has in its entire history. There is a massive investment cycle going on at Amazon.”

Walmart was founded on July 2, 1962, fifty-nine years ago.

I could be wrong, but I have not seen any Walmart van ever delivering to residential neighborhoods. Amazon vans are seen delivering three to four times each day in our apartment complex, generally once in the morning, once or twice in the afternoon, and then a final delivery in the early evening. 

But never a Walmart delivery van. 

I've said several times on the blog that the Covid pandemic accelerated / telescoped 2020 - 2035 into 2020 - 2025. 

Everyday, looking out my back window, Amazon is reminding me which company will deliver to my doorstep, not only in one day, but often same day.

Lookin' Out My Back Door, CCR

No comments:

Post a Comment