Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Director's Comment On Permitting Process In Bismarck

From the October Director's Cut:
Drilling permit activity was up in August and September, and will remain high through October as we help operators plan for winter. The goal is to have a sufficient permit inventory to accommodate multi-well pads through the end of load restrictions in 2014 as well as the time required to deal with federal hydraulic fracturing rules if required.
From my data base:
  • As of today, the NDIC reports 2,054 permits for calendar year 2013. At this rate, there would be 2,603 permits for calendar year 2013. 
  • One year ago, as of October 15, 2012, there were 1,992 permits recorded which put the state on track for 2,525 permits. The state actually issued 2,251 permits for calendar year 2012; about 30 were canceled during the year. 
  • I don't see a whole lot of difference between 2,054 permits and 1,992 permits (actual), or much of a difference between 2,603 and 2,525 (projected).
Disclaimer: my data base may be at variance with the state's database. I often collect this data when I am in a hurry (taking care of the granddaughters) and I generally do not double check my data. It is what it is. I'm a big picture sort of guy and often get the details wrong. Whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment