Sunday, May 22, 2022

NDIC Site Still Compromised -- Unable To Post Wells Coming Off Confidential List -- Part 7 -- May 22, 2022

Earlier, I posted:

Reserves: I don't "believe" any of these numbers because I can't accept data for two or three countries, and I assume if those two or three are wrong, the rest are wrong. Link here. If nothing else, Libya is a non-factor in light of today's geo-political events:

In round numbers and rounded:

  • Libya: 50
  • US: 60

Does anyone really believe Libya is as "important" as the US when it comes to crude oil production?

Nearest 100:

  • Libya: 100
  • US: 100
  • Russia: 100

Does anyone really believe Libya, US, and Russia co-equals when it comes too crude oil production?

The original Leigh Price paper regarding the Bakken:

  • OOIP: 500 billion bbls crude oil
  • 10% recovery: 50 billion bbls crude oil
  • some suggest, Bakken primary production in North Dakota is trending toward 15%, previiously posted.

And, if one argues, natural gas is now more important than crude oil, that changes everything -- in the favor of the US.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you keep apologizing for the NDIC site. Years ago, I came to the blog to hear you talk about oil. Like you, we've all learned a lot. I think most people come here today to listen to you converse on other topics. Stop apologizing. Your insight and banter on other topics is entertaining enough until the site is up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for kind comments. I know the Bakken well enough now that I don't need the NDIC data any more, but without the data it makes the whole subject for me much less interesting, if that makes sense. Yesterday I probably got carried away with the fact that the NDIC was still not fully up but I wanted to let folks know why I was blogging about things other than the Bakken yesterday. Hopefully some good blogs today. Again, thank you for taking time to write and your kind words.

      Delete