Friday, August 6, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Part 7 -- August 6, 2021

Updates

August 12, 2021: in the original post, I mentioned in passing I'm pretty sure where these tanks and Bradley vehicles are headed. A hint: they are not headed to the Mideast; they are not headed to the desert. These tanks are painted "forest green" not "desert tan." The paint scheme and port of disembarkation is all one needs to know, to surmise where these tanks are headed.

Original Post

Tanks on the move: link here, photos pending. I have my own thoughts on where these are headed, but will keep those thoughts to myself. I sent my thoughts to the reader who alerted me to this story; maybe we'll know more in a few months. However, in the process I learned a bit more about railroads and railways. 

5-7 Cavalry Squadron. I'll let the one US Army reader that I have tell me if I have this correct.

  • Ft Stewart, Georgia:
    • 3rd Infantry Division
      • 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team
        • 7th Calvary Regiment
          • 5th Squadron: an armored cavalry squadron of the 1st ABCT

Of note, the 7th Calvary Regiment:

  • formed 1866, following the end of the US Civil War; to wage US - Indian wars
  • Battle of the Little Bighorn, 1876, Lieutenant Colonel George A. Custer


**************************************
Other Stuff

Electricity consumption: per capita, North Dakota, Louisiana, and Alabama lead the nation in electricity consumption. Link here.

  • US average: around 4,500 kWh per person;
  • at the top: Louisiana, North Dakota, and Alabama
  • at the bottom: Hawaii, California, New York
  • just wait until they start cryptomining in North Dakota. LOL. Yes, I know: the plan is to use natural gas. But I do believe, cryptominers use electricity generated from fossil fuels. Just as EV owners overwhelmingly use electricity generated from fossil fuels.

Geopolitics:

The chemistry page: ichthammol. Wiki entry here.

  • ichth: relating to "fish" (think Devonian)
  • hamm: low-lying alluvial land beside a stream
  • ol: chemical ending for any alcohol
  • ichthammaol: another form of fish oil?
  • now that you've seen this word, you are going to notice it on any number of therapeutic products for the skin and scalp

2 comments:

  1. On the way back to Helena from Missoula last week, in a section where the interstate and the railroad run parallel, happened to look over and here was this train loaded with army tanks (and nothing else). Quite a startling site, for sure. The only mention of it that I have heard (or speculation of what was going on) was your blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your note made my day. Seriously. And it was a reader who alerted me to the article. I just love this blog. LOL.

      Delete