Thursday, August 11, 2011

For Investors Only: XOM Is A Steal -- Kind of a Bakken Story (XOM/XTO Tie-In)

Ten reasons to buy XOM.

The only reason I need, of the ten: it's dirt cheap.
XOM is way under analysts’ estimates at just $68 a share. S&P has a price target of $103 a share. Credit Suisse is at $95 and Jefferies is at $80 on Exxon.
I have been accumulating XOM for decades, and continue to do so.  Actually, it's in the portfolio of my older daughter which I started years ago. I remember the story to this day. Many years ago, she was in middle school, or something like that, and I was trying to teach her about investing. I mentioned I bought some Exxon for her portfolio, none of which she understood. I think this is what she heard:
"....blah, blah, blah.....Exxon.... blah, blah, blah, ...... Exxon."

A couple days later, my daughter came home from school. She mentioned that she enjoyed the teacher's discussion of "current events." Then my daughter, asked, "Is Exxon the company that just sunk an oil tanker along the Alaska coast?" I think she even knew the name of the tanker. She probably even knew the name of the ship's captain.

Ya gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment