Saturday, June 18, 2022

Be Greedy When Others Are Fearful -- June 18, 2022

I haven't watched CNBC in, maybe, six months or so. But I happened to see a "snippet" when the market was plunging while waiting to meet with my Schwab representative. This might be a good time to watch a bit of CNBC every day for one week just to see what stocks are getting a lot of attention. I don't know. There must have been a reason I quit watching it in the first place. LOL.

The usual disclaimers apply.

Best buying opportunity in decades?

I never thought I would ever get the opportunity to buy more AAPL or BRK-B but here I am.

I never thought I would be buying AMZN or GOOG, but here I am.

I never thought I would be buying more oil, but here I am. 

***********************
Speaking Of Amazon

There was a recent story about the high cost of gasoline / diesel and how it was impacting Amazon.

That reminded me of the story of two men in the words who chance upon a grizzly, with one of the men stooping over to tie on his running shoes.

Does one think Amazon is the only facing high gasoline / diesel prices? LOL.

FedEx: just announced an increase in its quarterly dividend

Meanwhile, Amazon has found a clever way to share those fuel costs:


By the way, look at the dividend increase from FedEx. From 75 cents to $1.15, this is the largest FedEx dividend increase since 2018, maybe the highest ever? I don't know; I didn't go back farther than 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment