Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Notes From All Over -- Part 3, July 10, 2019

WMB: just when I think I've had enough of this company, WMB makes another top-five list. This time: the S&P's 500 best highest-yielding dividend stocks. LOL. I doubt everyone will agree. For example, EPD is not on that top-five list. Just saying.

Also, just saying, the disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, career, travel, or relationship decision based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.

Schwab: I spoke with a corporate IT Schwab executive for about 45 minutes last night. Fascinating. The technology now being used to track investors on the internet (and not just Schwab customers, but all investors) is way beyond what anyone might suspect. Not one bit scary; not one bit creepy. Beneficial to both Schwab and investors. Schwab's biggest competitors, in his opinion: the boutique brokers catering to high-end investors. I would have thought it might be bank-brokerage houses. I use Schwab as a discount broker; I don't use Schwab as a bank. I go elsewhere for banking. Maybe I'm missing something. This was not his area of expertise so I did not go down that road.

Politics: free college; student-debt reform -- we've talked about this before. I know the candidates are not serious about this; if they were serious, Obama would have acted. Neither Obama nor Trump are picking the low-hanging fruit when it comes to college debt.

Politics: "Medicare-for-all": won't happen. Period. Dot.

Politics: is the distinction between "residency" and "citizenship" important any more? That's a discussion for the granddaughters; not for the blog, per se.

No comments:

Post a Comment