Tuesday, August 31, 2021

The Printer -- Nothing About The Bakken -- August 31, 2021

Some months ago, maybe a year ago, perhaps pre-pandemic, I ranted about how much I "hated" Hewlitt Packard -- HP -- when it came to printers. If I find the rant, I will link it. 

The story is too long to repeat here, but the bottom line is this: I needed a new printer. 

I put that purchase off for weeks, if not a month or two, until my wife "demanded" I get her a new printer. There were few choices / few options.

I ended up buying an HP Envy printer for $120 at our local Target store. 

Even after purchasing it, I delayed setting it up; I read too many horror stories regarding initial set-up.

Be that as it may, I finally had to set it up before I went to Montana. 

I was very, very careful to follow set-up instructions exactly as written, and I paused at least two minutes in between each step to ensure the wireless set-up was happening. 

I left printed instructions to my wife how to use the new printer. 

While I was gone, she was able to use the printer and was very, very happy with it.

Since then, I have used it numerous times. 

I love it!

I love the printer.

Wireless. 

I'll leave it at that for now. But I love this printer so much, I plan to buy the same printer for our middle granddaughter, and will likely buy a new Apple iPad for her at the same time.

It is absolutely incredible. The Apple iPad automatically "connects" with the HP Envy printer, no need for any new software to be uploaded. Like so many Apple products, "it simply works."

Target is unable to keep the HP Envy printers in stock. I checked yesterday, in the printer section of Target, the shelves were bare. The shelves could hold about 36 printers on display; in fact, there were only six: three high-end color Canon printers; two Epson (nice) printers; and, one HP printer, a model I did not want.

The Target manager says a Target truck comes in every day, but they never know what will be on the truck. They haven't had a new shipment of HP Envy printers in over two weeks and don't know when the next printers will come in. 

So, we'll check every day.

We got our Envy printer for $120 (we might have had a coupon); Target is currently selling the same model for $130 ($129.99). At Amazon: $139.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment