Monday, June 28, 2021

Stanley Cup Finals -- Game 1 -- Lightning Over The Canadiens -- 5 - 1 -- June 28, 2021

I'm still traveling -- up in the Pacific Northwest -- from Portland, Oregon, to Flathead Lake, Montana. It's beautiful everywhere, but Flathead Lake is truly incredible. Below: one of 3,245 photos taken in the last four days on Flathead Lake with cousins, aunts, and great-aunts. The one-year twins are in the stroller at the end of the dock. Except for an occasional run to the local grocery store, I have been nowhere except on the lake.

I can't believe how beautiful this country is. And I've seen this country often, but not enough. It never ceases to amaze me.

Twilight zone: in Oregon, I can go to jail if I don't wear a mask; in Montana, mask? What mask?

Uber: I used Uber for the first time ever. An incredible experience. No one taught me how to use. Figured it out -- literally on the fly -- at PDX. Sophia in tow. Mark Perry has written about Uber, comparing it to legacy taxi systems. Best example ever of free market capitalism and entrepreneurial spirit in the US. It speaks volume the Europeans and/or Japan didn't come up with "Uber" first.

Hulu: awesome. Someone sent me a note telling me that the first game of the Stanley Finals had just started. Despite traveling, I was able to log into Hulu in less than twenty seconds, and the first thing that popped up -- out of 1,000's of possibilities, the hockey game was the first to show up. Hulu knew my profile and knew what I wanted.

 Feeding the birds out at Flathead Lake:


The "UPS Truck" that is mentioned in the background in the video above makes its regular run through this lakefront development every evening around 7:30 p.m. local time. In our small area of ten homes (out of perhaps 100 homes in the entire development) the UPS delivery truck generally drops off one to five packages each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment