It wasn't so long ago that there were only twelve active oil and gas rigs in North Dakota.
The sweet sixteen:
- CLR (3): Gordon Federal, Rodney, Carus,
- MRO (3): Denny, Hausauer, Burger,
- Hess (2): EN-Rice, BL-Frisinger,
- Slawson (2): Mauser Federal; Whirlcat Federal;
- Whiting: Lacey
- Petro-Hunt: Hurinenko
- Oasis: Nikolai Federal
- Enerplus: Ermine
- Iron Oil Operating: Antelope
- Crescent Point: CPEUSC Sylven
This is an extremely bullish line-up. I've always said the Bakken will be "back" if / when:
- Slawson starts drilling again; and here we have, not one, but two rigs -- whoo-hoo!
- the number of operators drilling increases significantly from three or four; ten operators in the list above, is very bullish;
- operators like Iron Oil Operating show up on the list; and, then, of course, there's always...
- ... Oasis.
Yet to be seen on the list: