Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Weekly Petroleum Report -- Third Of Four Charts -- March 7, 2018

John Kemp regularly posts modified EIA graphs to accompany the EIA's weekly petroleum reports. He may post as many as a dozen or so such graphs every week after the report is released.

Today I took particular note of four of his graphs.  The first three graphs have to do with gasoline, but to spread this out, one graph at a time.

In the third in a series of posts, here is my take on one of those four graphs, the third of three graphs on US gasoline.
Three of the four graphs I'm in this series had to do with gasoline and/or refining. This is the last of the three.

This one simply blows me away. I don't think anyone is making a big deal of it but unless I'm misreading it, this is the first (or possibly, the second) time refiners have set a record this year in gasoline production. It occurred at the very same time as it did one year ago.

I assume refiners are getting ready for driving season but if so, they are more than ready. Last year, refiners set records throughout the year with gasoline production except for a period after the two devastating Texas and Florida hurricanes.

************************************
Notes to the Granddaughters

I don't recall exactly when, but sometime in the past few weeks, I started watching my favorite DVDs again. It coincided with my decision to stop watching television during this unprecedented volatility in the equity market accompanied by inane and banal talk emanating from talking heads.

One of my favorite DVDs is The Great Gatsby. I've blogged about it often, and have read the book several times. I'm still fascinated by the book. Woody Allen's Midnight In Paris is a real hoot for any Gatsby fan. It is clear that Woody Allen "knew" F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway and Gertrude Stein and .... very, very, very well.

So, today, what a pleasure to have run across Gatsby: The Cultural History of the Great American Novel, Bob Batchelor, c. 2014.

More later. I am curious about "irony" in The Great Gatsby, something Harold Bloom deems quite important.

No comments:

Post a Comment