Monday, November 3, 2014

Flashback: CNN, 2011 -- "Gasoline Prices Won't Be Lowered By Increased Domestic Drilling" -- CNN Money -- Posted November 3, 2014

Updates

December 27, 2014: if there was any one story that cemented my decision to stop blogging about the Bakken, it was this one, the one below as reported at CNN. At some point I guess I just got tired of beating my head against the wall. I started the blog for my own use -- to learn about the Bakken. HTML, hyperlinking, and a webpage seemed the best way for me to track and link articles. At some point I thought others might be interested in what I was learning, and so I went public with the blog.

Over time, it became clear that the audience was changing. By coming in "late," the "new" audience did not seem to understand the purpose of the blog. I thought about ending the blog ever since 2012, I suppose, but I hung in there. Readers provided me a lot of links that really helped. But when my data points seemed to start confusing readers, I thought it best to quit the blog. Actually, I will continue to track the Bakken -- I continue to learn much about it -- but it will no longer be public. It's been a great run.

Original Post

From Carpe Diem:
CNN Money in 2011: “Gas prices won’t be lowered by more domestic oil drilling, domestic production can’t possibly move gas prices from $4 to $3 per gallon,” see full story here.
Kudlow: "drill, drill, drill."

Saudi just lowered its prices today -- pundits say it was to compete with US shale.

My 30-second sound bite: "It's all about market share. Saudi does not want to lose market share. What market? California."

******************************
Ebola Burning Itself Out

The US military has yet to build one treatment facility, but the US will get credit for stemming the tide. Well played, Mr Obama. 

I posted this on October 8, 2014 (it was sincere, and not sarcastic as can be inferred from the entire note:)
When Ebola is conquered, and it will be, President Obama should share in the Nobel Prize for Medicine for that feat. That will be one he has earned.
I find the Ebola story incredibly interesting on so many levels, but especially in the medical arena. There will be a lot of research papers coming out of this most recent epidemic. I wish one nurse had been a bit more savvy, but in the big scheme of things, I repeat what I said early: in their own arenas, no major political figure made any missteps in regard to handling this epidemic.

A lot of  credit goes to the US military for taking on yet another ver difficult mission, and this time, with little guidance. I have all the respect for these young men and women in our US military. If asked to endure 21 days of quarantine, they do it without making it an issue. Life is not about; it's about whom they serve and protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment