Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Update On MRO Tyler Wildcat Well, The Powell Well --

On April 27, 2014, I noted:
Two of the MRO Tyler wildcat wells come off the confidential list Monday (April 28, 2014); no production data reported yet; I track these wells here. [Later: I am being told by a reader/good source that the Powell well comes off the confidential list June 25th, not tomorrow as reported on the NDIC website.]
On Monday, April 28, 2014, I updated the original post to report the wells coming off the confidential list. I was able to access the file report for the Powell report, suggesting that it had indeed come off the confidential list:
  • 26335, drl, MRO, Powell 31-27TH, wildcat, no production data, geology report not filed yet;
A reader asked if there was any more information on the Powell well. I went to the NDIC site tonight (just a few minutes ago) to check on the Powell well. As noted above, I was able to access the file report for the Powell report on Monday, April 28, 2014 -- just two days ago. I noted that the well was on DRL status and I noted that "the geology report had not yet been filed." At least it was not yet available.

It appears the reader was correct: that the Powell well does not come off the confidential list until later; the reader says June 25th. It's my experience that readers are often correct when they write me about my own errors or if there is "factual" reporting in error (if that makes sense).

Tonight, the file report for the Powell well is back on "confidential" status, and it appears that it was never supposed to have come off confidential status until later. I don't recall what I saw on the Powell file report two days ago, but I believe it was simply a planning report and that it confirmed MRO was targeting the Tyler.

This was from a personal e-mail received from an individual who visited the Powell site on Sunday, April 20, 2014:
Sunday afternoon my friend and I drove out to the Powell well and the Rundle trust well. At the Powell well, nothing has changed in three (3 )months ... ten (10) frac trucks setting on site, along with tanks and a oil/water separator.

No comments:

Post a Comment