Apple reports (rounded):
- Earnings of $7.47
- Revenue at $35 billion (highest in its history? if I heard correctly)
- A gross profit margin of 37%.
- 31 million iPhones sold (vs 26 million one year ago; sales ahead of expectations; with 39% share, #1 in US)
- 15 million iPads sold.
- Earnings of $7.32 a share, down 21% from a year ago.
- Revenue at $35 billion, roughly flat from a year ago.
- A gross profit margin of about 36.7%,
- 26.5 million iPhones sold.
- 18 million iPads sold.
The second-largest school district in the United States, the Los Angeles school system, will roll out a massive iPad program to "give" each and every student in the school system an iPad tablet. Incredible. Many, many story lines.