Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Record: 180 Active Drilling Rigs in North Dakota -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

I was gone all day; this is the first I've been able to check the news and update the blog. I haven't checked my e-mail but I'm sure someone has let me know we hit 180 active drilling rigs in North Dakota today. When I saw a new operator in North Dakota on the daily activity report, I was pretty sure "we" would have set a new record.

Continental Resources has twenty (20) active rigs but corporate presentations say 22- to 24-rig program.
Hess has seventeen (17) active rigs, which I believe is a record for Hess in North Dakota.
Whiting has fifteen (15) active rigs.
EOG has ten (10) active rigs.
BEXP has nine (9) active rigs.
Slawson has five (5) active rigs.
KOG has four (4) active rigs.
Fidelity (MDU) has two (2) active rigs. MDU headquarters is in the Bakken backyard, Bismarck, North Dakota.

2 comments:

  1. how many rigs does continental have in MT. drilling??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow Montana, but at one time they had about two wells in Montana according to corporate presentations.

    Maybe someone can tell us.

    ReplyDelete