Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dakota-3 Acquires 50+ Zenergy Wells -- TAT Linked -- Williams (WMB) and Dakota-3

I've always wondered how Dakota-3 E&P Company, LLC, fit in.

Yesterday's NDIC daily activity report shed a bit of light yesterday, at least for me.

But first, remember that Williams (WMB) acquired the mineral rights in about 7 percent of the reservation last year.

In yesterday's daily activity report, about 55 wells changed hands: "change of operator from Zenergy Operating Company, LLC, to Dakota-3 E&P Company, LLC, a subsidiary of Williams." The wells are in the core of the Bakken: Dunn, Mountrail, and McKenzie counties and based on their names are all in the reservation. I do not know if this change in operator was all part of the Williams deal, but most likely it was. It's been my experience that whenever I get really excited about something in the Bakken someone writes to tell me it's no big deal.

By the way, when you see "TAT" as part of an oil well name in North Dakota, it stands for Three Affiliated Tribes, the Mandan, the Hidatsa, and the Arikara.

No comments:

Post a Comment