SM Energy: 3Q14 Earnings Call and Operational Update
Slide 3: SM Energy added to its acreage positions in the Bakken/Three Forks and Powder River Basin programs.
Slide 4 is interesting: cash return on average capital employed
- of 17 companies listed, SM Energy is listed first, at 23%
- then comes the other peer group members: CLR, COG, CXO, DNR, EGN, NFX, OAS, PXD, QEP, ROSE, RRC, UPL, WLL, WPX, XCO, and XEC, ranging from 19% to 6%
- added approx 12,500 net acres in Gooseneck, October, 2014
- Gooseneck is in central Divide County, north to south county lines
- total Williston Basin net acreage: 238,000 net acres