Thursday, September 2, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Part 2, September 2, 2021

Covid-19:

Links to graphs:

Letter from Harvard: natural immunity exponentially better than vaccine; puts "vaccine passports" in limbo. Link here. If this is from Harvard, it must be true.

Letter from Portland, OR:

Covid is not good in Portland, OR, as you mentioned in the blog. 
Your article reminds me of the soldiers I just saw. 
This past Tuesday I [visited] Providence St. Vincent’s hospital in west Portland. 
Noticed some soldiers were in the lobby area, but I didn’t think much of it besides maybe they were visiting a buddy. Once I was inside the clinic I decided to ask how Covid was going within the hospital. A nurse told me that soldiers were onsite to help with the Covid situation, I assume National Guard but I’m not certain. I learned that the soldiers were constructing tent based units to house the patient overfill issues they’ve had since late July. 
A fully vaccinated guy I know at the grocery store told me he got Covid and that’s why he was out four weeks. He said he tried going to St. Vincent’s for Covid care but was refused so he went to Uptown Portland’s Good Samaritan hospital and got care. 
I didn’t ask how much care since people were waiting behind me in line. 
I wish the Mexico border was closed & heavily monitored. I believe the variants come in with the illegal folks. No masks, no screening, no vaccinations at all on many illegals. I won’t get going on open borders!

Note from local schools:

  • we're seeing on average one student per day diagnosed with Covid-19 at the elementary school Sophia attends
  • we're seeing on average one student per day diagnosed with Covid-19 at the high school where Olivia attends
  • positive diagnoses mean nothing without additional information;

No comments:

Post a Comment