- active cases in North Dakota have dropped below 1,000, only the second time since late March (what year?); but,
- vaccinations have plateaued;
Deer hunting season:
- ND will make 72,200 deer hunting licenses available;
- sixth consecutive year of an increase
- greatest number of licenses in ten years
- global warming --> lots of food --> less loss during winter.
- Joe Dan Gorman hopes to have a new episode up this weekend;
- reminds us how incredible the former president really was .. as president.
- boepd / net mineral acre; quick snapshot in time:
- OAS Bakken: 0.15
- CLR Bakken: 0.18
- [? operator] Permian: 0.30
OAS: buys FANG's QEP assets in the Bakken
- today: looks way over-priced;
- six months from now: great deal for everyone;
- hits $7 / bushel for first time since 2013 on supply worry;
- can that be considered inflation when it hasn't hit this level in eight years; inflation, catching up, or simply transitory supply and demand?
- what year did ethanol's popularity take off, turning corn from a food source only into an energy source as well? graphic pending
- asking for a friend
Wokeness and ESG: how are they alike?
- both simply replace the tough work of actual governance with euphemistic language
- I saw that in the Oasis corporation presentation for April, 2021; nothing changed but the PowerPoint verbiage:
Patrick De Haan:
- sees more likelihood of prices rising than falling;
- estimates by June 1, 2021, we could see national average close to $3 / gallon;
- $3 / gallon? last seen in 2014;
- we're only one major refinery issue away from a larger surge
- memo to self: check up on the XOM Beaumont refinery work stoppage threat
- Jay Powell: we're not going to raise rates;
- Janet Yellen: here, hold my beer.
- all of a sudden, looking good
- today, a used car is 52% more expensive than one year ago, early 2020;
- 27% more expensive than at the end of 2020