Thursday, September 17, 2020

Distance Learning For The Archives -- Nothing About The Bakken -- September 17, 2020

This is really a fun story. 

Sophia had several assignments today: art, music, humanities, physical education.

Sophia completed two of the four assignments, and we moved on to humanities.

Her assignment in humanities:

  • print three sentences on something she likes to do;
  • draw a picture after printing those three sentences;
  • submit a picture of the completed work to the teacher.

I suggested to Sophia that she might write about riding her bike. She said, "No, I want to write about baking pancakes." LOL. Okay.

So, she started working on her dry erase board. 

Light bulb went on.

I immediately went to the kitchen -- five steps away in our little hovel -- and got out the Bisquick, egg(s), milk, and vegetable oil, and whipped up a bowl of waffle batter. (The recipe calls for one egg; I cut back on the milk slightly and use two eggs.)

I got the waffle iron out -- and Sophia said, "What? I said pancakes, not waffles." I said no one would notice, but she was adamant. She wanted to make pancakes. 

I put away the Mickey Mouse waffle maker and got out the griddle. I figured waffle batter and pancake batter look about the same. LOL.

So, the video below, and the photos -- these were submitted to her teacher. She printed her three sentences and drew a picture of chocolate chip pancakes.

And the waffle-pancakes with chocolate chips? Sophia said they were delicious.






2 comments:

  1. I love the Sophia posts! Keep 'em coming! Now she can see the advantage of home schooling, she can eat her lessons!
    -jcp-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sophia and I have a lot of fun together. I certainly am fortunate. Hopefully more stories to come.

      Delete