Cashless in Seattle: Amazon opens cashierless supermarket in Seattle, WA.
He didn't hang himself: in light of that recent death near Plymouth, CA, I thought it would be interesting to re-post the "Clinton list." Is this the real reason Zero Hedge was permanently banned from twitter?
Standstill: for unknown reasons, southbound traffic on TX Highway 121 into Ft Worth this morning at 5:00 a.m. had come to a complete standstill.
McDonald's: yesterday I mentioned a make-over. It continues. I have never seen this restaurant so incredibly spruced up.
Backyard: I need to bring my "real" camera and a telephoto lens; lots of birds on the patio, in the backyard. A first: a pair of woodpeckers, male and female. I had not seen that in our backyard before. The suet is attracting them. I am now convinced these are not ladder-backed woodpeckers in our backyard, as I originally thought. It is very, very clear that the woodpeckers I'm watching in the DFW area have their red plumage on the back of their neck / their nape and not on the crown of their heads. This makes it most likely they are red-bellied woodpecker.]
Florida: the one state Trump won't have to campaign in if Bolshevik Bernie gets the nomination. Bernie is "all in" when it comes to supporting Fidel Castro and Cuba. Miami? Not so much.
Lexicon: has anyone else noticed? When the GOP does it, it's "dirty tricks" (or worse); when the Democrats do it, it's "oppositional research." Who coined the phrase?
Amazon: had it not been for Amazon, it's questionable whether we would have ever seen "same-day, free delivery" in my lifetime. Here is our local grocery store, offering "same-day, free delivery:
From A Reader
The reader noted that the list below missed this one:
- "Fixin' to trade my truck in on a Tesla."
Southern Boys Will Never Say
- When I retire, I'm movin' North.
- I'll take Shakespeare for $1000, Alex.
- Duct tape won't fix that.
- Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken with a slice of lime.
- We don't keep no guns in this house.
- You can't feed that to the dog.
- No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.
- Wrestling is fake.
- We're vegetarians.
- Do you think my gut is too big?
- I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits, grits, and gravy.
- Honey, we don't need another dog.
- Who gives a rip who won the Civil War?
- Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
- Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
- I just couldn't find a thing at Wal-Mart today.
- Trim the fat off that steak.
- Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.
- The tires on that truck are too dang big.
- I've got it all on the C: DRIVE.
- Unsweetened tea tastes better.
- My fiancée, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.
- I've got two cases of Blue Moon iced down for the Super Bowl.
- She's too young to be wearing that bikini.
- Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.
- I don't have a favorite football team.
- "Youse Guys"
- Those cutoffs ought to be a little longer, Betty Mae.
- Nope, no more beer for me. I'm driving a whole busload of us down to help in the Elizabeth Warren campaign.