Monday, December 9, 2019

To Readers: Keep Sending Me Your Links, Comments -- But I'm Exhausted -- Will Take The Evening Off -- December 9, 2019

I had an incredibly physically and mentally exhausting day. I need to take a break. I had so many great links and comments from readers, thank you.

Keep sending me stories, links, comments. I will get to them but I might not get to them tonight.

But, wow, there is so much going on. Hard to keep up.

*********************************
Numbers Don't Lie

Minnesota is #40.

Oregon is #44.

Montana is #38.

Iowa is #25.

I've been waiting for this list. 

It's the annual ALEC-Laffer State Economic Outlook Rankings, 2019.

Story at this link: https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/utah-idaho-north-dakota-nevada-indiana-best-economic-outlook.

#5: Indiana

#4: Nevada

#3: North Dakota

#2: Huge shout-out to Idaho -- they've had a decade of tough times

and, #1 ... Utah.

Texas doesn't make the top five. The Lone Star state is #15. Okay. But much worse than I would have guessed.

The five states (sic) with the worst economic outlook:
  • Hawaii
  • New Jersey
  • California
  • Illinois
  • Vermont
  • New York
"The report ranked Hawaii, New Jersey, California, Illinois, Vermont and New York as the five states with the worst economic outlook, respectively." -- That's a direct cut and paste from the article; screen shot pending. I count six states. Apparently, someone is either counting New York and New Jersey as one state, or they don't consider Hawaii a real state. Of course, President Obama thought there were 57 states.

I'm not surprised to see New York/New Jersey on the list, but I am very, very surprised to see California on the list. That's scary. California's economy is perhaps the fifth largest economy in the world.

One wonders what Vermont is doing [wrong] to make that list?

No comments:

Post a Comment