Monday, October 13, 2014

Re-Posting The Filloon Seeking Alpha Article -- October 13, 2014

I am re-posting this. I don't do this often (I don't believe I have ever done this before). I am doing this to get your attention. And to remind me to come back to this article later.

This is an incredibly important article.

Re-posting:
This is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, or relationship decisions based on anything you read here or think you may have read here.

I think the Greenbrier discussion provided by Michael Filloon could be applied to many other oil-related companies and investing. Remember: many (most?) SeekingAlpha articles "disappear" after some time and a subscription is required to access them.

Over at SeekingAlpha (linked article above):
  • Greenbrier's stock price has pulled back 31% from its 52-week high.
  • 8% of all US crude production is transported by rail.
  • There is significant upside to tank car retrofits and phase outs.
  • Railroads and tank car manufacturers may be somewhat insulated to a temporary pullback of oil prices.
  • The rails have been a better fit to transport crude as set up times and costs are lower than pipelines
That last bullet is interesting, isn't it?
I may or may not provide data points from the article. 

2 comments:

  1. It's a Filoon article. And it wanders (start with price dynamics and then gets into delivery modalities)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had Zeits on the mind, I guess, from an earlier story. It's been corrected. Thank you for catching that and taking the time to write. You are also correct about the meandering article; this is not the first time he has done this. That's when I re-posted it. The first time I had just read the first part. When I went back to re-read it, I realized there was a whole lot more to it, I re-posted it to remind myself to come back to it again -- the amount of information in one article is incredible.

      Delete