Thursday, December 26, 2013

Disappointed In My Readers -- But Nothing To Do With The Bakken

Wow, I love to blog.

Some time ago I wrote that not signing up for ObamaCare will be the biggest (greatest, largest?) act of civil disobedience in the history of the nation, excepting perhaps the Civil War, though that was a bit more than civil disobedience, I suppose.

None of my readers wrote to tell me I was wrong. I am disappointed. LOL.

But the WSJ has come to my rescue. It turns out there was an example of civil disobedience in this country that was greater than refusing to sign up for ObamaCare. The Wall Street Journal writes in an op-ed piece:
The unraveling of the Affordable Care Act presents a historic opportunity for change. Its proponents call it "settled law," but as Prohibition taught us, not even a constitutional amendment is settled law—if it is dysfunctional enough, and if Americans can see a clear alternative. This fall's website fiasco and policy cancellations are only the beginning.
Next spring the individual mandate is likely to unravel when we see how sick the people are who signed up on exchanges, and if our government really is going to penalize voters for not buying health insurance. The employer mandate and "accountable care organizations" will take their turns in the news. There will be scandals. There will be fraud. This will go on for years.
So, there it was, prohibition. I completely missed that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment