Thursday, December 26, 2013

Six (6) New Permits -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA; A Whiting Red River Well Comes In Dry (No Further Explanation); MRO Reports A Nice Well

Active rigs: 186

Six (6) new permits --
  • Operators: Hess (3), Emerald Oil (3)
  • Fields: Hofflund (Williams), Temple (Williams)
  • Comments:
Wells coming off the confidential list were posted earlier; see sidebar at the right.

Wells coming off the confidential list tomorrow:
  • 25478, drl, CLR, Malcolm 2-20H1, Sauk, no production data, 
  • 25345, 1,852, MRO, Hunstad 31-13H, Reunion Bay, t11/13; cum 6K 10/13;
  • 25395, dry, Whiting, KG Ranch 21-21, Camel Hump, a Red River well, see also this well
That's disappointing. The Whiting Red River well, the KG Ranch was reported as "dry." There is nothing in the file report with details. They reached total depth (12,370 feet, pretty much all vertical) in about 11 days. The geologist's report simply said the well was waiting completion.

*****************************
A Note to the Granddaughters

I'm sitting on the porch along the coast in southern California. It is 82 degrees a few miles inland, but here along the coast it is 79 degrees. Some of the locals suggest it is warmer today than it is in the summer. A beautiful day.

In between blogging on the Bakken, I am enjoying my Christmas gifts: munching on Tillamook cheddar cheese and crackers, and reading the new Salinger biography (authors David Shields and Shane Salerno). I'm a slow reader, and I like to take my time reading a good book but in this case it is hard to put the book down. The format is very, very unusual, but really "neat." To the best of my knowledge it is the only Salinger biography I have ever read; I know little about him. Without question, if one has never read a Salinger biography, I would strongly recommend this as the one to start with. I find it interesting that some seasoned Salinger fans were disappointed in this book. It makes me wonder if they read the same book I did. There is information in this book that is being, supposedly, published for the first time. The photographs are incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment