Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pay It Forward -- Hopefully US Utilities Are Watching

Over at The Oil Drum, a very, very long article -- worth reading: the political and economic consequences of the last ten years of renewable energy development.

The only thing the writer did not mention in this phenomenally long post that seems to cover everything about the political and economics costs of wind: the numbers simply do not add up.

Speaking of wind, it looks May and I missed the 200-person Cape Cod rally for Cape Wind. Bummer. 

Someone commented that, in fact, closer to 135 hippies were there.

But this surprised me: I thought Cape Wind was a done deal. This suggests it is still being debated. I thought it was being built.

And then this: yet another new "foe" to the project. Curiouser and curiouser. This project is now over ten (10) years in planning, promoting. It looks like Nebraska has its Keystone; Cape Cod has its Cape Wind. Good luck to all. If nothing else, it provides everyone an opportunity to get out, do some hiking, socializing with like-minded activists (on both sides of the fence), and, pretty much, just enjoy life. For me, I enjoy smaller, more intimate groups, for example, Omaha Steak hamburgers with my granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment