Thursday, September 1, 2011

Random Photos From West of Williston -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Unfortunately my photos don't do justice to what is going on in the Bakken; hopefully with time, my photos get better, but it's hard to capture the immensity of the activity with a small digital camera.

Double-click on these photos to open in another window and make them much bigger and clearer.

As noted in an earlier post, I took a 12-mile walk the other night: starting out in daylight at 6:30 and ending up in the dark by 9:30 p.m.

I think one of these buildings -- probably the newer one in the distance (on the right) is the new Hexom building.


Something tells me the Game and Fish Department was not open for business, but this gives one an idea of where folks are finding places to live and to park. It is absolutely incredible to see all the trucks in Williston. These are just the compacts.


And then a stead of stream of traffic as I was walking back to town. When I was growing up in Williston, there were few nights that there would have been this much traffic, but now it is steady and it is busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment