Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cudd Coming To the Bakken -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Updates

See comments below. Apparently Cudd has been in Williston for over a year, but not yet fracking.

I spoke with a man who was pretty high up in the food chain of one of the local operators; he mentioned he cannot keep up with all the companies coming into Williston. That made me feel much better.

Here are a couple of photos regarding Cudd in Williston:

The blue pipeline is water pipe for the new Western Area Water Supply (WAWS) project. This was a shovel-ready job. I believe it was approved by the North Dakota state legislature in the winter/spring of 2011, and was already being laid by the summer, 2011. 




Original Post

If you go over to my "Top Ten" lists on the sidebar at the right, and click on top ten fracking companies in the Bakken, you will note that "Cudd is not in North Dakota yet."

Tonight, I noticed a sign west of Williston (about a mile west of Williston) that said: Future Home of Cudd.

2 comments:

  1. And this is why I love the blog. I had no idea what was going on in the oil patch; I did not understand fracking; I did not know the NDIC web page was there; etc., etc.

    I started the blog simply to educate myself and others, and the things I learn never quit.

    I have seen the Cudd sign for several months -- I can't remember when I first saw it -- never thought to ask what it did.

    But for some reason I checked my Top Ten fracking list, saw Cudd and remembered the sign when I took my 13-mile walk west of Williston to snap some photos.

    Thank you for taking time to comment. After seeing what I saw last night, I think this thing (the Bakken development) is bigger than I ever imagined. More on that later, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUDD has been in Williston for nearly a year. (even thought the sign still says "future home of" i think) They are not fracking in ND, only acidizing at this time.

    ReplyDelete