Monday, September 5, 2011

A Feel-Good Story From Killdeer -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

As readers know, I look through oily-stained-glasses, so I only see "positive" stuff coming out of the Bakken. I guess I should say I see the negative stuff but it is so far outweighed by the positive stuff, I just can't get too excited about the negativity that is sometimes printed.

There's at least one other person that feels the same way: the barber in Killdeer, North Dakota. I skimmed the article, so I don't know if the article mentioned that Killdeer is where Jim Cramer/CNBC/Mad Money set up their "prairie studio" a week or so ago.

Here's the link. Notice the new 64-room motel that is going in.
Guys like Harold Keim, 23, who moved from an Amish community in Wisconsin five years ago, said until Lee moved in either his wife cut his short, black hair or he traveled a half-hour to Dickinson, working it in with other errands.

"I just live up the street," Keim said Tuesday. "Now, I don't have to go to Dickinson." Keim talked while waiting his turn for a cut Lee calls the "High and Tight," which looked neat and handsome when she finished with clippers and comb. There's also a cut called the "Guilty," for which she collects the going $16 for a cut that supposedly makes her feel guilty for taking so little off.

No comments:

Post a Comment