January 28, 2014: update on a Williston Exploration Tyler well in southwest North Dakota.
January 10, 2014: MRO has a rig-on-site, wildcat, northeast Slope County, about ten miles east of Amidon:
- 26335, conf/ros, MRO, Powell 31-27TFH, wildcat, NWNE 27-135-99,
- 26794, conf, MRO, Rundle Trust 21-29TH, wildcat, NWNW 29-136-99,
- 26223, ros, MRO, Rundle Trust 11-29TH, wildcat, southwest corner of state, on edge of Rocky Ridge oil field; NWNW 29-136-99
June 26, 2013, NDIC hearing dockets.
Case No. 20428: Application of Marathon Oil Co. for an order creating four 1280-acreIn T135N-R99W: three 1280-spacing units -- 3/10; 27/34; and, 30/31.
drilling units consisting of sections 3 and 10; sections 27 and 34; sections 30 and 31, T135N-R99W.; and sections 29 and 32, T136N-R99W.; Slope County, ND, and allowing a horizontal well to be drilled in the Tyler Formation in each such drilling, and such other relief as is appropriate.
In T136N-R99W: one 1280-acre spacing unit -- 29/32.
You can see that the new MRO 1280-acre standups are really an extension of the Rocky Ridge oil field which is a Tyler field with vertical wells. [Two of the new stand-ups are outlined; the other two are just to the south, at the bottom of the image.]
Vertical wells into the Tyler are typical "hit or miss."
Many Tyler vertical wells are very, very poor wells, but some are very, very, good. In section 2-136-100, there are two solid black circles with no line(s) running through them. These two wells are still active:
- 4971, 422, Charger Resources, LLC, Howie 11X2, Rocky Ridge, t12/71, cum 780,771 bbls 7/13; and still producing 150 bbls/month (in a good month)
- 6015, 70, Charger Resources, LLC, Howie 2, Rocky Ridge, t3/77; cum 323,851 bbls 7/13, and still producing 250 bbls/month (in a good month)
Williston Exploration is drilling a well in this same field, at the northwest end of the field:
- 25347, 5, Williston Exploration, Rocky Ridge-Fritz 1, a vertical well, about 8K feet deep; Heath/Tyler; t2/14; cum 300 bbls 2/14; one stimulation stage, HCL, no proppants;
Recent ND DMR presentation, undated, but 2012 or later. [a pdf file]