Wednesday, May 4, 2022

As Predicted, ISO NE Just Went Yellow -- 6th Decile -- May 4, 2022

Link here. The reason:

  • hydro just became the "marginal fuel";
  • wind not dispatchable, and,
  • natural gas pipelines killed, and,
  • heating oil from Russia banned
  • heavy demand: 13,098 MW
  • spiked to $120 / MWh
  • hydro at 15%, double the 8% that seems reasonable
  • wind "working" earlier this morning is now falling

*************************
Old Age, Poor Eyesight, Fat Fingers, And Investing

I may have to turn over my investing activities to my younger daughter. I am making more and more mistakes doing things on line than I used to. I am incredibly careful when investing on line and/or ordering from Amazon due to mis-typing things.

I generally don't check my trade confirmations, but for some reason I did that yesterday. I'm glad I did. I accidentally bought twice the number of shares of some company than I had planned. 

Turned out to work in my favor, so I'm not complaining, just noting.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce this is happening to all of us for some unknown reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I think Elon Musk has hacked my account. LOL. Making trades for me.

      Delete