Saturday, August 28, 2021

Reason #3 Why I Love To Blog -- August 28, 2021

See this post, from August 19, 2021, for background. 

This is so cool!

From that linked site, the largest craft brewery:

  • oldest operating brewing company in America
  • Biden's backyard: PA, DE
  • established in 1829
  • largest craft brewery
  • sixth/seventh largest overall brewery
  • HQ: Pottsville, PA

At the time I posted that, I had never heard of Yuengling. Seriously. At least as far I can remember, I had not heard of Yuengling. Which apparently makes sense: it was only available east of the Mississippi (?).

This morning, when I went to Target to buy orange juice for breakfast, I saw a Yuengling promotion at the store. I did a double-take. I had not recalled ever seeing Yuengling at Target, or anywhere else in this part of Texas. At least as far as I could recall. Having said that, I've never really paid attention. Maybe it's been available in Texas before and I had just not noticed.

Whatever.

Then this, tonight over at social media, link here.


I was curious. Let's google this. And there it is: Yuengling announces, August 23, 2021, just six days ago, that their craft beer will be officially available in Texas as of that date, August 23, 2021. 

My go-to beers: IPA, specifically Lagunitas.

My favorite beer if I find it in a bottle: Bitburg Pils.

For special occasions: Guinness stout.

Time to try a lager. Yuengling. 

4 comments:

  1. "It was a dark and stormy night".... Time for a Deschutes Black Butte Porter or better yet... an Obsidian Stout! Prost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll watch for those in our local store ... they have a huge, huge selection.

      Delete
  2. But, for a once-in-a-year special, take a walk on the wild side with this one.... But only at home! Don't even think about driving after a snifter of this fine concoction. "https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/beer/the-abyss/"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would I kid you? Check this rating... https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/34420/

    ReplyDelete