Friday, October 19, 2018

The Energy, Market, Sports And Political Page, Part 2, T+67 -- October 19, 2018 -- Absolutely Nothing About The Bakken

If you came here for the Bakken, scroll on. Nothing about the Bakken in this post.

The next big thing: "smart-sign" advertising on sides of 18-wheelers. The two companies that need to tie up to do this: 3M and Google. Start here. Then use your imagination. It was in 1972 that I first listened to a research chemist from 3M.

Boston - Astros: one of the most controversial plays in MLB postseason play. Give me a freakin' break. There was nothing controversial about the play and it had no effect on the outcome of the game .. except perhaps psychologically and emotionally the Houston Astros were never able to recover. I heard about the play; I had not seen it; and, I had not read about it. I was curious; went to linked article. The writer at the linked article came pretty close to shouting the same thing I just said, but couldn't quite make that leap -- it read as if he did not want to offend anyone. LOL.
As soon as I read the first paragraph, actually the first line in the article, I knew the whole controversy was bogus. This "interference call" happened in the first inning. Give me a freakin' break. In the first inning. The game has nine innings and if tied at at the end of nine the game can go to 56 innings or more. Anyone who says this affected the outcome of the game is an Astros fan. I'm curious what the nation's number 1 baseball fan, George Will, would say? George Will is from the east coast, not Texas, so I'm pretty sure I would agree with his analysis on this one.

On top of that, the ruling was made on the field, and after 3 minutes and 3 seconds, the officials had no video to overrule the call. The call "stands." The call was interference and the best video did not have evidence to the contrary.

Much more could be written but I've already written more than this story deserves. I assume somehow Trump will get dragged into this controversy before the week is out.
Boston - Astros: I had family commitments last night but got home just in time to see Dewers 3-run homer put the Red Sox ahead 4 - 0 from which the Astros never recovered. Great game. Having spent some of the best time of my adult life in Boston, I was rooting for the Red Sox. The Red Sox - Dodgers world series would have an incredible audience but one wonders if the gods won't favor the Milwaukee Brewers this time? I also spent a significant portion of my adult life in Los Angeles, but I've never warmed up to the LA Dodgers for some reason.

Direction of the blog: the other day I mentioned that "Saudi Arabia fascinates me" with regard to the "direction the blog" is likely to take.

Today, from the Drudge Report:


A new poll at the sidebar at the top -- is the Crown Prince toast?
  • yes: he will not be the next king of Saudi Arabia
  • no: he will be the next king of Saudi Arabia

No comments:

Post a Comment