Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Political Page -- February 9, 2017, T+20

Cabinet: The more I read about Betsy DeVos, the more I realize that the Progs were on the wrong side on this one. I knew nothing of her before the nomination; did not follow it closely; what I knew came from mainstream media. Now that I've read a bit of her background, I find a completely different story.

Yes, this is an op-ed from The Wall Street Journal, but it's a great place to start.

Data points:
  • Flint, MI: 53% of students go to charter schools
  • Detroit, MI: 53% of students go to charter schools
  • DC: 45% of students go to charter schools
The Progs (morning business show narrative)
  • street theater
  • out-of-sync with American people
  • clever sayings, demonstrations, protests; no substance 
Huge Congressional - IT story not being reported by mainstream media. This story will have legs once the public starts getting the details. One Congressional IT staffer was a convicted felon; all three arrested were brothers. Hired by Democratic congressman. Nancy Pelosi recently lauded these IT hires, one of whom is a convicted felon. Each earns in excess of $160,000 / year, said to be about three times average IT pay.

ICE is back: surfing the net suggests that, good, bad, or indifferent, ICE is back doing its job. Updates:
ND Senator Heidi Heitkamp votes NOT to confirm Jim Sessions as US Attorney General, taking direction from Chuck Schumer.

At the head of the line: Great Britain, Japan, Canada, Israel. Foreign leaders meeting with President Trump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment