Monday, April 18, 2016

Seems Like Reporters Need To Tell Us The Rest Of The Story -- April 18, 2016

SDPB radio is reporting:
South Dakota could eventually have another direct resettlement site for refugees.
A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war, or violence.
Currently any refugees who migrate to South Dakota arrive in Sioux Falls or Huron. A number of them choose to secondarily migrate to Aberdeen, and officials are considering making that city a direct resettlement site.
Some suggest that re-settling agencies are paid upwards of $5,000 by the federal government for re-settling refugees. Lutherans and Catholics have figured out how to cash in; I assume the same is true for other religious organizations. I don't know, but it makes sense.

Whenever my granddaughters ask me a question I cannot answer, I suggest a) google it; or, b) follow the money.

******************************
The Apple Page

I think I posted this, I can't remember: iPhone SE will be flying off the shelves. If I posted that, it was a few days after I saw it in the store, March 30, 2016.

Today, Macrumors is reporting: iPhone SE Remains in Tight Supply at Apple Stores and Online.
Nearly three weeks after the launch of the iPhone SE in the U.S. and eleven other regions, availability of the new 4-inch smartphone remains limited.

iPhone SE continues to be out of stock at Apple Stores in a number of major U.S. cities, including most or all locations in New York City, Los Angeles, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Houston, Phoenix, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, Atlanta, Denver, Portland, Raleigh, Seattle, and Washington D.C.

Apple's web-based Personal Pickup tool shows that the smartphone remains in tight supply in many other international cities, including Amsterdam, Berlin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Montréal, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Toronto. Most models are currently available on a ship-to-store basis only.
Comments at the linked site confirm that the shortage is real. 

If I ever get an iPhone, this would be the model I would choose. For now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment