- Minnesota mandates a heck of a lot of renewable energy by 2025
- Minnesota plans to meet those mandates on the back of North Dakota wind
- but when the wind ain't blowing, Minnesota needs something to back up that non-blowing wind power
- enter stage right: hydroelectric power from Manitoba (Canada)
- Minnesota and Manitoba have an agreement for Manitoba to supply hydroelectic power to back up North Dakota wind farms
- the deal hinges on regulatory approval of a new 500-kV transmission line, but the speculative gamble is one parties in both countries are willing to make
This is reason #12,546 why I love to blog. Prior to blogging I never would have followed the renewable energy story and the need for back-up power.
Only The Most Obtuse Would Disagree
Breitbart is reporting:
Missouri Lt Governor: US Attorney General Eric Holder Incited Ferguson Mob Many TimesThe story:
Sunday on Fox News, Lt. Governor Peter Kinder said Attorney General Eric Holder “on many occasions” seemed to “be inciting the mob.”
Kinder said, “He is sounding the right notes today, this afternoon. I just wish he had been more judicious and measured in his comments since the August 9. Because Mr. Holder came in and seemed on many occasions to be inciting the mob. He seemed to be putting his weight on the one side of the scales of justice and not backing up law enforcement. And if he is now, you know, backing up law enforcement mode, then I will be among those cheering him. And I hope that’s the way he is from now on.”
When asked if he had spoken to Mr. Holder directly, Kinder said, “No, no, no, he doesn’t bend to speak with people like me. He comes into town and meets with one side. He met with the family of Michael Brown, and that’s fine that he met with them. But, he did not meet with the family of officer Darren Wilson or with his brother and sister officers to say I’m backing you up."