Friday, June 18, 2021

Notes From All Over -- The TGIF Edition -- June 18, 2021

Wow, I'm in a great mood. What a great country.

100+ degree temperature today here in north Texas. I had an errand to run today, so I took my bike. Beautiful ride; fortunately a short ride. 

While on the frontage road along a divided four-lane highway (an interstate by any other name) I passed a parked Optimus Prime Western Star! Wow! It was brand new, not a scratch on it. I snapped a few pictures, then walked up to the passenger-side door, knocked and the driver -- about 35 years old, Hispanic-Caucasian -- opened the door. Nice guy; nice conversation. I would have enjoyed talking more but he was obviously taking a break and needed a bit of quiet-time. I have it on good authority these trucks are likely to be converted to EVs in the not-too-distant future up in Portland, OR. Photos, Texas Hiway 121 northbound, Grapevine, TX:



 Thoughts From The Ammo Line: another nice essay. She begins:

For a couple of decades now, our betters have inveighed against “inhumane” raising of chickens and promoting “free-range chickens.” Now I am not a fan of being cruel to ANY of God’s creatures, big or small, with the exception of scorpions and Communists (but I repeat myself). Haha. I kid the Communists.

I have to change the channel when the puppy mill ads come on. But I have seen chickens up close and personal and frankly prefer to see them naked, roasting in a pan. 

Four hours in the pool today over three separate periods: twice by myself, alone; the third time with Sophia.

To bed early tonight; catch you all in the a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment