Friday, April 23, 2021

Request For Readers' Help -- April 23, 2021

Tires. Apparently there is big business in burning waste tires in Japan for heating. Apparently ports in Oregon are  major export centers for shipping waste tires to Japan. I am unable to find a link to a current story regarding this. If any reader can find links to stories along this line, it would be very much appreciated.
Portland: the dream of the 90s died in Portland.  

********************************
A Little Music Theory
E-Flat: Nostalgia

6 comments:

  1. Now there's a whip saw of emotions.
    A well written article on 30 years of malfeasance in the city I grew up close to. Was a teenager with my fiance' on the the waterfront that Sunday the Blazers won it all.
    Turn that to a very well down study of music theory and Celine Dion!
    Got whiplashed from that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. It's the only I can stay interested in the blog some days.

      Delete
    2. No problem. As a lifelong piano player, albeit not very good, study of the scales have always fascinated me. Too much like math for me to do anything about it.

      Delete
    3. I wish I had been introduced to this at the time I was taking piano lessons --- even if I didn't know what was going on -- it would have stayed in the recesses of my mind, I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. Tire recycling information;

    https://www.jatma.or.jp/english/tyrerecycling/report01.html

    https://www.kkb-tire.co.jp/eng/recycle/

    https://scraptirenews.com/information-center/tdf/

    ReplyDelete