Friday, September 28, 2012

Did The Japanese Beat the Chinese to the Bakken?

I keep waiting for news that the Chinese state oil company, CNOOC, has come to the Bakken. But it looks like another Asian company may have gotten here first (yes, I know Chinese ceramics are all over the Bakken, but I am not aware of a Chinese company actually operating in the Bakken, but I could be wrong). But I digress.

Matheson Tri-Gas is in the process of establishing a facility just outside Dickinson's city limits to provide pure nitrogen for use during the casing aspect of the hydraulic fracturing process.

MTG is headquartered in New Jersey. It is a subsidiary of Taiyo Nippon Sanso, a large Japanese corporation.

See link at the Dickinson Press/InsideClimate News.

Matheson Tri-Gas has quite a history; very interesting; as is its parent company.

No comments:

Post a Comment