Friday, October 1, 2010

Another North Dakota First: Shortest Commute Times

I debated about linking this article. It is so, so trivial, abut it's another first for North Dakota, so I felt it my duty to post and link it.

North Dakota is number one in the nation in shortest commute times. The average commute time in North Dakota is 16.6 minutes. South Dakota: 16.7 minutes.

(I hate to throw in an anomaly that probably was not accounted for: the fifteen-minute wait time warming up the car in the middle of the winter. Or maybe it was accounted for. Most North Dakotans I know have about a one-minute commute. Add that to the 15-minute warm-up and you have about 16 minutes. Those that don't have a car, take the high-speed light rail.)



That's a little joke: there is no high-speed light rail in North Dakota. We do have Amtrak, which is neither high speed nor light.

2 comments:

  1. Most North Dakotans have auto-starters in their vehicles. Jumping into cold/frosted vehicles is a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, really? Whatever.

    All I know, had I had a remote auto starter in 1969 for my 1948 Willys jeep I would not have gotten picked up for driving with obscured windshield -- due to ice.

    Oh, that's right. My jeep didn't have side windows. It never warmed up inside during the winter. Ha. What great memories.

    ReplyDelete