May 20, 2017: this is pretty cool. In the original post at $6.3 million, I suggested the pipeline would be 6 miles long. It turns out the pipeline will be two 2.6-mile pipelines (2 x 2.6 = 5.2 miles) -- I wasn't too far off. LOL. Much more at the link:
- Arrow Field Serices, a Crestwood subsidiary
- formal name of this short dual pipeline/NG processing plant: Bear Den West gathering pipeline and processing plant
- 7 miles southeast of Watford City
- both pipelines will be in the same ditch
- one pipeline will carry up to 30 million cubic feet of natural gas/day
the other pipeline will carry up to 5,000 bbls of other products
- timeline: start in May; finish in August
- the gas processing plant is too small to be regulated by the PSC; comes under jurisdiction of NDIC
- Lynn Helms says without the pipeline, takeaway capacity is constrained; could result in more flaring
PennEnergy, data points:
- proposed $6.3 million pipeline project
- Arrow Field Services (that name sounds familiar)
- proposed: two natural gas transmission lines from a proposed processing plant in McKenzie County
- the pipelines would be southeast of Watford City
- no more specifics given
- at a million dollars/mile, we're talking about a 6-mile pipeline
A Note For The Granddaughters
Wow, I'm in a great mood. I grade every day on a scale of 1 - 10, mostly based on weather and biking. A "10" is a perfect day, of course, and rarely, I give a day an 11 or a 12. Tonight might be a 12.
I take off points for a) temperature (either too hot or too cold); b) precipitation/humidity; and, c) wind.
This evening the temperature is perfect; it must be about 76 degrees outside right now. I just checked: it's officially 83 degrees "but feels like 79 degrees." No wind. Sun setting. Nice billowy / puffy clouds to the south. We can see lightning off in the distance. A huge thunderstorm / hailstorm is predicted overnight. Our area should not see the worst.
It's a great night to be on the patio. We have a patio outside our little apartment which I occasionally enjoy. But we are not allowed to barbecue out there, and it's a bit small to be really enjoyed. Whatever.
The evening is a 10. Really an 11 or a 12.