Friday, November 18, 2011

Powder Keg -- Fairview, Montana -- Best Pizza In the World

I have blogged about the Powder Keg before. It really is incredible.

We were there again tonight.

I thought the pizza was even better than usual, especially the crust.  I mentioned that to the staff: that their pizza is always excellent, but tonight the crust seemed even better than usual. I thought maybe it was my imagination. Nope, the weather has a lot do to with it. That makes sense. I make lefse: you cannot make lefse in the summer; it is best during the cool, dry months. And the Powder Keg has noted the same thing. The weather has a lot to do with how good the crust turns out and right now the crust is turning out very, very good.

By the way, the Powder Keg now accepts credit cards. In the past, they did not accept plastic because all the fees practically resulted in a 10 percent loss on all transactions. But now the Powder Keg uses the "square." There are no hidden or additional fees; just the 3 percent transaction fee. The Powder Keg charges the customer the three percent, so those paying in cash are not penalized. Very, very clever. The Keg uses a iPad to attach the square and it's about as simple as it could possibly be.

The parking lot was full tonight, as was the restaurant. I uses to be ambivalent about the long, community tables in the "overflow" room,b ut I have gotten used to them, and now I prefer them, even if there is a free table in the main room.

On the way out we noted a semi had backed into the parking lot. I was impressed. Those truckers can rally maneuver their trailers.

If you are in the Bakken, you need to try out the Powder Keg.

No comments:

Post a Comment