Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Incredible: Global Demand for Oil Sets Record

Did anyone else this coming? I am completely blown away.

This is what I'm talking about: it is expected, that once all the data is in, that world wide demand for oil set an all-time record in the past quarter, third quarter, 2010.

Maybe it's just me, looking through oily-colored glasses, but when I see global oil demand hitting new records when some folks still argue that the US is still in a recession, I am completely blown away.

Look at the oil and gasoline demand growth in China and India in that article. There is no way that renewable energy (solar or wind) could have made a difference. I sound like a broken record, but I'm going to be repeating it many times in 2011 and 2012. The 2001 - 2010 decade was the lost decade for the US with regard to executing any type of national energy program.

For another look at this story (huge demand in oil), click here. I don't think OPEC can increase production. The chokepoint for additional oil production is infrastructure, no oil reserves. 

Please don't read past this line. I debated long and hard whether to add the next paragraph. It is my opinion; I know most people don't agree with me, and that's fine. But I get so frustrated it's hard not to say anything. So, the following paragraph is placed there to make me feel good. I would prefer this not be read or quoted by others. It's just my two cents worth for posterity, and nothing more. Thank you.

It's hard to believe but Al Gore started talking about "global warming" in the 1980's, and virtually nothing has been done since then. We were told early on we had only ten years to save the earth, and still nothing was done. Now we see data suggesting "global warming" actually stopped about fifteen years ago, and that there was a similar period of global warming in 1000 AD at the time of the Vikings (the Norwegian Vikings, not the Minnesota Vikings). "The-global-warming-is-caused-by-man" story turned out to be a scam, and it cost the US dearly.

Again, that's my two cents worth; I'm in the minority on this, but as JRR Tolkien said, we all have our myths.

Winter snow slams Paris, France, and it's not even winter yet.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - I have been saying that for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support; every time I stray from the Bakken I have anxiety.

    ReplyDelete