Friday, October 30, 2009

Fossil Fuel Companies Going Green. Sort of.

Enbridge will acquire a solar energy project in Ontario, Canada, from First Solar.

I used to be worried about "cap and trade" and how it would affect my energy-weighted portfolio. I no longer worry about it.

The fossil-fuel companies have this figured out. They will buy just enough "green" projects/companies to off-set their carbon footprint. They will pay themselves and not someone else.

I have to thank Congress for delaying action on any "climate change" bill so that fossil-fuel companies would have time to get these plans in place.

Also, is it just me, or does a solar energy project in Canada make sense? I assume the generators will be turned off during the winter (no sun) and working over time during the long summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment