Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mike Filloon: EURs Are Too Conservative

Link here.

I've been saying that for two years -- EURs are way too conservative. Remember EURs of 409,000? I haven't read Mike's complete article, but I will in a moment. Will he be brave enough to predict EURs of one million bbls -- Oasis says 900,000, or was it KOG that said it will have EURs of 900,000 in its core Bakken. I forget.

But that's not the big story. EURs are for a single well.

"They" are going to put in upwards of ten wells in 1280-acre spacing units.

Remember, this is not an investment site. For an investor like Mike Filloon, EURs are very important. For me, what I find more interesting, and the basis for this blog, is the incredible production potential of the entire Bakken. Individual wells hold little interest for me except as data points to support my thesis: the Bakken is bigger than we are being told. (When I say "the Bakken" in this context, I am referring to all formations in the Williston Basin.)

Okay, back to Mike's article. What does he say about EURs?

Hmmm, unless I missed it, after the opening paragraph, he didn't mention EURs again. It was all about IPs. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment