Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween -- North Dakota Chinese Flu Update -- The Bismarck Tribune -- October 31, 2020

Updates

Later, 3:18 p.m. CDT: a reader was kind enough to send me the link ... see first comment at this post --

Medora... population 112 and potentially about to be decimated, according to this article!

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/mask-resistant-north-dakota-town-battles-pandemic-spike

It was such a ridiculous story I had to have at least two readers interested in it before I would post it. LOL.  Fortunately, a second reader was kind enough to oblige. LOL. I just love this blog -- LOL. I never know what I'm going to find on it. This made my day.

Original Post

I didn't post the link, and I won't unless a reader sends to me again, but yesterday, the national media posted a story on the devastating effect Covid-19 is having on Medora, ND. I can't make this stuff up. Don't they close down the city nine months out of the year?

This, too, will pass -- when we reach herd immunity ...

Oh, my goodness, I bet they weren't wearing masks, 

The lede:

The question everyone is asking: is it safe to go swimming?

Link to the Bismarck Tribune

The good news: the WHO anticipates zero "seasonal flu" cases this year. That disease appears to have been eradicated. Just like that. 

Tracking "influenza-like-illnesses" in the USA today -- traditionally tracked by the CDC and reported weekly in MMWR will be very, very interesting this year. 

"Influenza-like-illnesses" (ILI) will include both Chinese flu and "seasonal flu" this year. Then, look at this:

Why is the CDC recommending the flu vaccine -- it's only 45% effective, at best -- and "the mask" seems to be the easier, better alternative based on what is being reported by mainstream media and Joe Biden. Just saying.  By they way, speaking of Joe Biden, I haven't seen him getting his "seasonal flu" shot, but I see him every day, with Jill, wearing his mask.

Quick: what virus is being targeted this year for "seasonal flu"? Yes, that's what I thought. 

This will be re-posted later.

Off the net for awhile.

I'm going to go get tested. I feel great but one can't be too careful these days. You know, had this been last year, Trevor Lawrence would have played right through this with his mild symptoms. And no one would have even noticed.

************************************
I'm Back

More graphics.

Is the world going nuts? Is it just me, or ... can you imagine --- using an analogy --- drilling 25,000 oil wells and only ten of them actually produce oil ....

Now, back to that question I asked earlier:

Heaven forbid you get the Yamagata strain. That vaccine won't do you any good. The good news? You are unlikely to get the Colorado strain. Okay to go skiing again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment