Active Rigs, Thursday, July 24, 2014
Flying Back Into Tel AvivOur estimate based on the April 2014 run rate of 95 percent indicates that Houston area refineries will have roughly 21 crude storage days of capacity available to them in 2016. If those same refineries operate at 89 percent capacity – the monthly average level from January 2010 to April 2014, then refinery throughput in Houston would be 2.4 MMb/d and storage days would increase to 22.5 (assuming 54 MMBbl of storage). From our earlier analysis recall that days storage for the Gulf Coast region as a whole were 32 i.e. about 10 days higher on average than for the Houston area.
Well, that didn't last long. FAA says it is now okay for American commercial aircraft to fly into Tel Aviv. I guess SecState John Kerry was being used to test the system when he flew in under the ban. And survived.
The economic recovery has saved a lot of cities. It's been a long time since I've added a new city or updated an existing city over at Doomsday: US Cities. Atlantic City, NJ, makes the list.
Apple had one of its best quarters yet, and it hardly made news, with earnings soundly beating expectations.After being out and about this afternoon, I came home and checked the news. What a pleasant surprise:
Stocks ended mostly higher on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 closing at a record on Apple's bullish results.AAPL closed at a new record high, closing in on $100/share. It may take some time, but eventually the market gets these things right.
So, what's on tap for tomorrow? Earnings for:
- Ford, at 40 cents, huge beat; expectations only 36 cents;
- UNP, right in line at $1.43; revenues increase on grain, coal shipments;
- GM, forecast 58 cents, actual -- 11 cents! incredible; profit falls 85%;
- SBUX, beats by a penny; profits surge 22%; revenues surge 11%; shares slump;
The Daily Activity Report From North Dakota Oil Patch
Wells coming off confidential list Thursday:
- 25688, 1,750, Oasis, Mangum 5493 44-7 T3, Robinson Lake, t1/14; cum 79K 5/14;
- 26129, 2,525, Oasis, Lefty 5200 14-30 3B, Camp, t4/14; cum 27K 5/14;
- 26275, 673, Fidelity, Carissa 27034H, Stanley, t2/14; cum 24K 5/14;
- 26276, 799, Fidelity, CJ 27-34H, Stanley, t1/14; cum 39K 5/14;
- 26277, 474, Oasis, Edwin 5601 44-24T, Tyrone, t3/14; cum 14K 5/14;
- 26503, 635, Oasis, Hendricks 5602 43-36 3B, Tyrone, t5/14; cum --
- 27203, 2,067, XTO, McCoy 44X-36D, Siverston, t6/14; cum --
- 27298, 238, CLR, Brodal 1-36H, Noonan, t4/14; cum 8K 5/14;
- 27493, 336, Slawson, Tempest 3-14H, Big Bend, t3/14; cum 12K 5/14;
25688, see above, Oasis, Mangum 5493 44-7 T3, Robinson Lake:
|Date||Oil Runs||MCF Sold|
26129, see above, Oasis, Lefty 5200 14-30 3B, Camp:
|Date||Oil Runs||MCF Sold|
Six (6) new permits --
- Operators: Newfield (2), Petro-Hunt (2), Whiting, Legacy
Fields: Siverston (Dunn), Little Knife (Dunn), Sanish (Mountrail), North Souris (Bottineau)
Bad news: Bakken production to be stifled if new railcar rules go into effect -- RBN Energy (in an earlier post). Today, the Obama administration announced the bad news. Bloomberg reports.
Good news: in two years there will be a gazillion miles of new Bakken pipeline.
The Wall Street Journal
Finally, international pressure on Hamas to stop firing rockets.
IRS: hey, maybe we found some Lois Lerner back-up tapes that weren't destroyed after all.
ObamaCare plaintiffs: one plaintiff has argued he was hurt by the Affordable Care Act even though he could have paid as little as $20 a year for coverage. I guess he had his own definition of "affordable."
Malaysian Airlines flew directly over some of the hottest fighting in eastern Ukraine. What were they thinking?
US extends ban on carriers flying into Tel Aviv for another 24 hours.
President Obama has sent additional military advisers to Iraq.
GM plans six more recalls. I honestly can't recall if these are the recalls I just posted in an earlier posting; I am losing track of all the recalls by this one "company."
Los Angeles Times
Top story all about Gaza, Israel.
Algerian airliner falls off radar scope; 116 on-board.
FAA lifts restrictions on flying into Tel Aviv.