Friday, March 3, 2023

Feeling Pretty Good Today -- March 3, 2023

All month:

  • sanctions not working;
  • Russia selling all the oil it can produce;
  • Russia self-insuring its tanker fleet to get around sanctions;
  • India buying Russian oil -- Russia oil is now India's #1 source;
  • Russia selling oil at far higher price than "cap" allowed by sanctions / EU;
  • Russia will cut production by 500,000 bopd in March because it simply doesn't need all that revenue;
  • yeah, those were the headlines readers linked me throughout the past month;
  • today: 

All month:

  • this is all I heard all month; even to the point I said, "it gets tedious."
  • I haven't looked at my portfolio today but based on what I see on the CNBC crawler this will be the best day I've ever had since I began investing in 1984;
  • I am fully invested; I am always fully invested; cash? Don't have any; it's parked in ATT;
  • seriously; I park all cash I get, no matter how little into ATT, buying and selling ATT, using it like a checking account
  • my "40-30-20-5-5" new money allotment: big cap (e.g. DE, UNP) - semis (AAPL, TSM, AMD, AVGO) - oil (DVN, CVX, CHRD, EOG, HES) - mRNA (Big Pharma) - Daimler
  • I've never seen a crawler like the one I'm seeing today
  • worst sector right now: utilities. SRE, one of my biggest holdings, only utility: up 1% today
  • SRE for me is like KO for others; I haven't bought any new SRE in years, but dividends are such I can't "afford" to sell and its cost basis -- probably trending toward $0. 

So, this will be up for 30 minutes, then taken down.

The above is a snapshot in time.

Next week, the perfect storm may hit and I may be homeless, but today I'm feeling pretty good.

The CNBC "Fast Money" folks yesterday said they couldn't understand this market, why it was doing so well. I wonder what they will say today. Unfortunately I will miss the show today -- I will be with Sophia (Jiu-Jitsu competition today) and Olivia (high school soccer).

No comments:

Post a Comment